Dreamweaver: Maryanne Moodie

Monday 8 September 2014

All imagery sourced from the Maryanne Moodie site & Instagram account

I am absolutely OBSESSED with this woven wall hanging trend right now, and one designer that has stood out to me is Maryanne Moodie, an Aussie weaver now based in Brooklyn, USA. I've even been inspired to have a go myself, I've bought my very own loom and let me tell you, it's not as easy as it looks. I think I've mastered the technical bits, but it's going to be a long way off until I have my very own dream weave to proudly hang on the wall. Whether it's baskets, furniture or decorative accessories, weaving is being used within all areas of design at the moment, but there's something about the boho bushy textures of these wall tapestries that make them so lovely. I can't wait to get more confident, experiment a bit and find my own creative approach to eventually share. Stay tuned. 


2 comments:

  1. Normally this isn't a trend I would go in for, but looking at these pictures I'm really starting to like it, so thanks! Nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily, I'm so glad! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs