Baubles: Top 10

Sunday 7 December 2014

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]



So it's that time of year when everyone starts to root around in the loft to get the decos out, but why not have a change? Grab a mince pie and chill out with my bauble and Christmas decoration top 10; featuring the best from designer names, the High-street and even a little inspo to make your own.


10. Recently found on Etsy, I love the handmade simplicity of these cutout tree trimmings. Draped over a fireplace, wrapped around a tree or displayed on a bare wall, these effortless decorations prove that less is more (They've even inspired me to have a go at making my own).

9. The frosted glass bauble from House Doctor stole my heart with metallic brush strokes. Complete with a shiny finish, it's a great way to integrate texture but without the risk of clashing with your tree.

8. Block, wooden and geometric - these hanging ornaments by Future & Found are a statement, contemporary design for the coolest Scandi interior.

7. Every year Anthropologie is literally a Christmas cave of decorations, and it was so hard to just chose one but I'm crazy for marble, so it had to be this pair of festive-coloured, glass marbled baubles. Beautiful!

6. Recently spotted in Marehalm, a Nordic shop in Berwick, these clear-glass spheres are so delicate and dainty. They can be hung separately with clear thread, or I love this approach that the shop owner has taken - creating a hanging cluster, a decorative feature within itself.

5. This DIY bauble is the cutest. Made by Lise of FJellby, it's so simple and effective, and fits right into my Fir Christmas trend.

4. OK, so this isn't a bauble. But it could be? I just had to include it as it's the sleekest design I ever saw. Designed by Adam & Harborth of Siebensachen, Mozartkugel is made from solid oak, with a metal winding top and has a 18 harmonic mechanics music work.  The Snowball design is a limited edition piece especially for Christmas.

3. Recently featured in my Gold, Grey & Glass Christmas post, these hanging shapes by Kristina Krogh revamp traditional Christmas decoration into a minimal, outlined design.

2. Released last Christmas, Twinkle by Hay is still a firm favourite. For the minimalist, this adds a lovely graphic element to your Christmas interior and I particularly like the pastel colourway.

1. It had to be Normann Copenhagen at the top spot. This image is taken from the Flagship store featuring graphic black lines to the walls - an echo of this year's Christmas Candle.  Surrounded by gold, silver and black hanging ornaments, I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I cheated and featured them all. Now that's what you call a Christmas display!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs